Dum Dee Dum... I am not a super hero neither am i spiderman. I am going to save the world... like as if you would believe. I am a maniac. I came from an outer space which is filled with water. I learn swimming at the age of zero.I wail like a cry baby. I crawl like spiderman, i fly like superman, i drive like batman. I live in wonderland. Rugrats is my friend, so is peter pan.
finally PE has ended!!! YAY!!! No more PE FOREVER!!
though mitchelle would probably say that makes one more reason why i should leave off my daily potato chip intake (cos of cholesterol and the like).
Today was a hot day. couldn't think, was pissed off the whole day, but not too bad, cos most of the lessons were conducted in air con rooms. that is, towards the end of the day i got pissed off with the phy teacher.. let me quote:
"we realise that the answers you all gave (for design exercise physics paper 5) is very typical of arts students.... you say a lot but never get to the point."
HELLO!!!! that's a direct insult, saying that we never get to the point, because unfortunately we DO get to the point. If they are unable to see that, then it's really a malfunction on the part of science teachers. Just because we take Literature doesn't mean we say things without a point, or take a convulated way to answer a question. It is common knowledge that many Arts-inclined people take science courses because they want to. Do they also give these kind of round-about answers? Or by virtue of their being a "totally science" person they are exempt from this judgement? maybe they just form the bottom percentage of people in their class.
I find it really difficult to see what the teachers don't understand about what we say. Subject-Verb agreement is there, I'm sure. maybe it's the phrasing and punctuation they don't comprehend. but honestly what is there in design exercises that need further clarification that science students can give but arts students can't?
Procedure:
1. Set up experiment as shown above.
2. Release ball from ramp.
3. Note time taken for ball to travel distance d between end of ramp and cushion
4. Calculate speed of ball using v=d/t
etc etc
in trying to give these pathetic science students carrying out the experiment further details, we include other details, in parantheses, or semicolons and being pathetic, unfortunately the science people don't understand them. and this boils down to the idea of writing style. can you actually teach a writing style? if you can, i wouldn't want to learn the cut and dried method of the science people for anything in the world. just because i take physics and accept that there are physical laws that govern the physical movings of this earth doesn't mean i succumb to their silly notions of grammar and definitions which seem to invariably repeat themselves or render certain parts of their definition excessive due to its repetitiveness. and just because i take an arts subject doesn't imply i can't do quantitive stuff. i can, just that i'm not that good with it.with time i'd probably be better. unlike the skill of writing which can never be graped by doing ten year series. this is an ART, a skill that cannot be TAUGHT easily unlike the sciences. ok, since i'm a bad science student i shall not gripe. the only thing that im pissed about is the generalisation and prejudice agasint us. they probably look at our class before marking the paper. yuck!
tmr better be a not hot day or i'll seriously die of headache...