Dum Dee Dum... I am not a super hero neither am i spiderman. I am going to save the world... like as if you would believe. I am a maniac. I came from an outer space which is filled with water. I learn swimming at the age of zero.I wail like a cry baby. I crawl like spiderman, i fly like superman, i drive like batman. I live in wonderland. Rugrats is my friend, so is peter pan.
I think people who do not wish to sail, or who don't give a damn about sailing should ever go into the operational part of the maritime industry. The maritime industry revolves around the ships and the sailors. Try running a shipping company without ships and crew. If you have never sailed with sailors, how do you give them accurate, safe and efficient instructions? How do you get them to respect you other than just tossing money and more money at them? I believe that is why MSL is able to operate so efficiently for so long: because it is a compny made up of lots of seafarers who understand the sea. Therefore, the crew of their ships respect them because they know that those giving the orders hvae been there before and are not giving them orders just because they can.
Not only in the maritime industry. EVERY industry should have management personnel who have been at the bottom rung of the industry so as to better understand the people "down there" and mutually benefit everybody. That is something that IBF agrees with, which I guess is why he is so nice to me.
Or perhaps I'm biased, because I prefer to listen to the advice given by MSL than by anyone else, because I know them personally and have seen their success. What's ONE vessel familiarisation trip? It doesn't mean anything. it'll probably be like one long holiday for the white-collar exec who's either forced to do it, or thought it was fun. AND this white-collar guy is going to be a LIABILITY to everbody on board because he can't help them at all. He even has to ASK them how to do things. A manager who is suppposed to manage them who doesn't know how to do basic stuff. Not to say that managers should know everything; there should always be some information exchange between ranks. But to the extent that he can't even steer the ship or tell what's the problem with the engine?? How are the sailors and crew going to respect such a manager?
Well, once you've worked with the best, it's hard to work with the rest.