Dum Dee Dum... I am not a super hero neither am i spiderman. I am going to save the world... like as if you would believe. I am a maniac. I came from an outer space which is filled with water. I learn swimming at the age of zero.I wail like a cry baby. I crawl like spiderman, i fly like superman, i drive like batman. I live in wonderland. Rugrats is my friend, so is peter pan.
Women are the excuse men use to justify their selfish, immoral actions
After seeing star wars today, I came up with two points of view. The first one that hit me was "It's all because of Padme that Anikin is turning to the Dark Side". But as the show progressed (and I became increasingly bored), another point of view hit me, as cited in the above title. I am not totally sure of the story etc, but from what I understand, Anikin wasn't pleased with his current status. He wants to be a Master Jedi, he wants power, he wants this and that and this and that. Maybe because of the acting, or something, he didn't seem pleased at all that Padme was pregnant. Another glitch to the plan to become Master Jedi. Sorry to ramble, thus, he turns to the Dark Side in order to save the lady he loves form certain death.
He succumbs to his fear. And it seems that women are to blame: his mother's death, Padme's imminent death. All these women are the cause of his turning to the dark side. And yet, it is his own inability to conquer his fear and like Yoda says, let go of that which he fears he will lose (how that is possible is beyond me). His inability+his desire for power=turning to the Dark Side. NOT just because of Padme. It's not the Helen of Troy story here; Padme has more compassion than to let armies go to war because of her selfish, personal wants.
This is not the only story in which this has manifested. Let me cite one of the stories that has fascinated me: F Scott Fitzegerald's "The Great Gatsby". Jay Gatz (from now on referred to as Gatsby) always wanted to make a success of himself, as proven by his "self-improving timetable" that Mr Gatz showed to Nick Carraway. His desire to become successful was catalysed by his desire for Daisy. It was not as a direct result of her, as many men would probably want to claim. "The materialistic Daisy drove Gatsby to illegal means of obtaining money because she wouldn't be with him unless he was rich." The second part is true. The first part is not. Gatsby was down and out, according to Wolfsheiem. He NEEDED HE ILLEGAL MONEY FOR HIMSELF. Add to that his constant desire for self-improvement, et voila! Bootlegging.
Need I even cite Othello? I probably should because it effectively illustrates this dual point of view as well. Love for Desdemona drove Othello to want to keep her by his side, thereby allowing Iago to carry out his evil plan. If Desdemona had not existed, none of this would have happened. However, Othello is a man who has insufficient confidence and self-esteem to hold his own in a white man's domestic world. He illustrates his lack of self-confidence by retreating into his military commander self and meting out his own punishment to those whom he feels inferior to ie Cassio. He uses the liaison between Cassio and Desdemona as a means of getting rid of someone who is supposedly a better lover than he is because of his background, upbringing and suave way with women.
But why is it that women are so easily blamed for men's trespasses and sins? I have no idea. I'm still thinking about it. Will post here when I know..meanwhile do tag ur answer..